This educational programme consists of an escape game (Code Rails) and a theory course. These tools allow young people to understand the behaviours they might be likely to adopt on and around the tracks and assimilate in a fun way the rules to be followed.
CODE RAILS, an escape game offered by Infrabel
What is Code Rails?
Infrabel offers a cooperative adventure game for young people aged 12 to 18. The players in this game each take up the role of a character at the heart of the action in three exciting adventures, each one corresponding to a different age group. The aim? To solve puzzles by looking at maps, combining them and encoding your findings in a digital app. You have 60 minutes to complete the adventure!
- Duration: 40 - 60 minutes
- Players: 2 to 4
- Age: 12 to 18
Three different parts
As a teacher, you are well placed to know that not all age groups should be addressed in the same way. That's why we created three different parts, with three different objectives:
- age 12 to 13: discover the risks and the rules to follow on and around the tracks.
- age 14 to 16: a reminder of the risks and rules to ensure they are understood and assimilated.
- age 17 to 18: invite them to get involved and use their power of influence to encourage younger students to follow suit.
A ready-to-use theory course
Discover the new version of our theory presentation. Review all the rules and important information with your students after the game is over. This support also introduces an opportunity to share the experience the students have just had in the different groups.
Code Rails, an escape game offered by Infrabel, and this presentation, constitute the overall programme for making your students aware of safety on and around the Belgian railway network
A little help for teachers
The programme also includes an accompanying booklet that will guide you through this awareness-raising process:
How to introduce and use Code Rails in the classroom
How to debrief together
What are the tools for presenting the theoretical part?
What are the answers to the most frequently asked questions?
Nabestaanden van slachtoffers aan het woord
We laten 5 mensen aan het woord die van heel nabij hebben meegemaakt tot welk vreselijk menselijk leed dergelijk gedrag kan leiden. Hun verhalen moeten jou nog meer bewust maken van de veiligheidsrisico’s langs de sporen. Luister mee op ons Youtube-kanaal:
- Carla, de mama van de kleine Charlotte, die in Groenendaal om het leven kwam op de sporen.
- Steven, treinbestuurder bij Infrabel, die getuige was van een vreselijk ongeval op het spoor
- Joël, eerste inspecteur bij de spoorwegpolitie, die vertelt over een ongeval dat zijn loopbaan getekend heeft
- Benoît Gilson, onze CEO, die ons eraan herinnert dat elk ongeval er één te veel is...
Find the programme in PDF format (in Dutch en French)
Documents must be printed on both sides or the clarity of the game will be compromised.